Tuesday, September 25, 2007

life isn't dull

I haven't posted since Sept 3 and lots happening. Two poems today, a new one and an old one. The new one is because a new goat is being scaped where I was last scapegoated. They are averaging one every two years. I wonder if anyone else has noticed a pattern. It certainly makes it feel less personal towards me and I am doing what I can to support the current victim. Ick, it's just yuky to watch. I am so glad I am not there. I wonder at the state of their souls. At least it's fair and everyone gets a turn. I'm trying to resist starting a betting pool on who will be next.

The other poem has come up because I started dating. I waited for a year after my divorce. I started dating in July. My daughter said, "Oh no," when I told her I was going on a date. I asked why "Oh, no." She replied, "I don't want a stepdad or for us to move into another house." I said, "It's just a date. It's not serious." Famous last words. Now I'm sort of wondering how to tell my children that you don't always fall for the first person you date. I am Bemused, Bewitched and Bemildered, as the bats in the Pogo cartoon were named. They couldn't remember which one had which name and the names changed. Sometimes one was Bothered. They would look at which pair of pants they had put on that day and the names were actually attached to the pants. Makes sense to me. I am happy, happy, happy but it also brings up the Fear of Loss. That brought up the second poem, titled Resistance.

Blessings!
Red Paw

6 comments:

Shunra said...

Even if the first person you date *is* the one you fall for, you've got plenty of opportunities to model excellent like skills. Evaluating a specimen of humanity despite hormonal brain mind cloudiness is an *excellent* thing to model.

Anyhow, he's cute. ::wink::

Red Paw said...

hee, hee, giggle giggle

StarDragonTheCanadian said...

Due to my sheep herding ways,I first misread:'scrape the goat,' which is a competely different set of images. *blushes*

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, i came via blue gal.

great stuff. i loved scape the goat!

katysboy said...

the boy you're dating is the luckiest person alive

Red Paw said...

love is blind, right? But a lot of fun too.