Sunday, August 26, 2007

Drug Companies

As a family doctor I am getting less and less enthused about drug companies. I do think there are some good medicines. Exercise works wonders though, and walking in the woods and on the beaches or anywhere outside. I really do read some of the junk mail from drug companies very carefully just to see what they are encouraging me to do. Some of the pamphlets seriously creep me out.

I'm listing the talky part of the blog before the poem or song starting today because I don't like reading it from the bottom up. Also, I learned to spell questionnaire. I can now rest on my laurels.

Red Paw

2 comments:

Shunra said...

As your constant reader, I usually end up having more to say about the prose than the poetry.

I keep running across people who say that half an hour of daily exercise helps more against depression than any drug found to date, and that this is repeatedly borne out by comparative, double-blind studies.

Questionnaire is a *bitch* of a word to spell... ...if it weren't for spellcheckers I would be hard pressed to work in my profession.

Enjoy your rest (laurels sound a bit scratchy... ...perhaps some silken cushions on top of them would make them more sitable?)

Red Paw said...

silken cushions sound very fabulous. though I have some that have beads and tassels.