Wednesday, July 25, 2007

For Blue Gal: Support From My Peers

I'm posting this because of my current work atmosphere and because of Blue Gal's post from yesterday.

Support From My Peers

"Now that we know
You're getting a divorce
We really want to show
Our support of course

Surprise surprise
We tell you today
Go back home
A week off with pay

And just because
You disturb our dreams
A psych evaluation
Doesn't seem extreme

We just want to be
Sure you're doing well."
"Guess what folks
Go to hell."

8/9/05

I was 3000 miles away when my "colleagues" went to the bosses and expressed concerns that they wouldn't put in writing. Interestingly the office staff let me know they had No Problem with me. I jumped through the posted hoops but held hands with my lawyer while I did it. It generated quite a few poems and this was the first. The "colleagues" have not seen it to date because they never wanted to discuss their concerns: instead they requested that we be polite in the halls. I try, honestly. I can't help it if flames dart out of my eyes.

Red Paw

2 comments:

Shunra said...

Isn't that a great reminder about who one's friends really are - and aren't?

Shunra said...

Lookie! you've got comment-spam.

We can change that (there are settings that work pretty well to defend against it).

Hugz!